Old September 10th 09, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to insert a hyperlink in text in a paragraph

Excel 2007 - Is it possible to add a hyperlink to only a couple words in an
entire sentence/paragraph in a cell. For example:
"Please review the test.doc to access the instructions for the file"

I only want the hyperlink on the test.doc words in the sentence, not the
entire sentence.

Old September 10th 09, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not within a single cell. It is easy in Word or PowerPoint.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200903

Old September 10th 09, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Insert|Hyperlink type and the =hyperlink() type both apply to the entire
cell.

But you can cheat.

You could add a rectangle from the Drawing toolbar (hide the borders!) just over
the text you want. Then assign a hyperlink to that rectangle. Format the
characters under the rectangle so that it looks like a hyperlink (blue
underlined).