Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default auto fill entered data from one worksheet to another

When I enter data in RT report cell B18 I want worksheet#2 to to autofill
with the same information I asked that cell to = 'RT Report'!B18 but the
formula is in the cell not the data? How do I fix this I am sure it is simple
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So, in other words, when looking in the spreadsheet, you are seeing the
formula instaed of the value from the other sheet? Try hitting CTRL+~

"Jane Griffel" wrote:

When I enter data in RT report cell B18 I want worksheet#2 to to autofill
with the same information I asked that cell to = 'RT Report'!B18 but the
formula is in the cell not the data? How do I fix this I am sure it is simple

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is possible that the cell in which you are entering the formula has been
pre-formatted as Text.

Format to General then F2 and Enter to re-enter the formula.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP