Old September 9th 09, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why can't I access the footer?

I have a standard footer in place on my worksheet and I want to customize it.
I can't click on the footer, nothing happens (including that I can't see the
"footer" id. If I try to select footer, it's grayer out but clearly I have a
footer. Help!

Old September 9th 09, 07:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unlike Word, you can't click on the footer to edit it.

Go to File- Page Setup, Header/Footer.
Change your footer using this dialogue.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

Old September 9th 09, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm sorry, I should have specified that I'm using excel2007. This isn't an
option there. I've tried to access the footer dialog and it's grayed out.

I'm able to insert one of the standard footers but not make any
modifications to it.

Old January 7th 15, 05:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mark Wood has the answer. How you found this amazes me. The standard approach (Insert - Header & Footer) works fine on a separate graph worksheet, but you must use the Page Layout - Gridline arrow to get to the same dialog box. Someone needs to notify the coders at Microsoft. Mil gracias, Mark.
Old November 8th 16, 06:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 6:42:11 AM UTC-8, Marc Wood wrote:
I had the same problem. After poking around I found two ways to edit the footer.

1. Go to Page Layout tab. Under Gridlines and Headings, click the little arrow in the Sheet Options box. This will open the Page Setup dialong box.. Click Header/Footer tab and then click Custom Footer. This will allow editing of both the header and footer.

2. Click the "Office Button" and point cursor at Print, then choose Print Preview. Click on the Page Setup icon to bring up the Page Setup dialog box and click on Header/Footer, etc.

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:31 PM Renee wrote:

I have a standard footer in place on my worksheet and I want to customize it.
I cannot click on the footer, nothing happens (including that I cannot see the
"footer" id. If I try to select footer, it is grayer out but clearly I have a
footer. Help!

Unlike Word, you cannot click on the footer to edit it.

"Renee" wrote:

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:45 PM Bob I wrote:

You may "Edit" the header an footer in Page setup in Excel. Word allows
you to do what you are attempting.

Renee wrote:

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:48 PM Renee wrote:

I am sorry, I should have specified that I am using excel2007. This is not an
option there. I have tried to access the footer dialog and it is grayed out.

I am able to insert one of the standard footers but not make any
modifications to it.

"Luke M" wrote:

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:56 PM Bob I wrote:

Click Custom Footer.

Renee wrote:

it is not allowing me to see the edit box that normally happens. I can edit

"Bob I" wrote:

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 4:33 PM Bob I wrote:

Is it only this worksheet, this workbook or any workbook new or saved?

Renee wrote:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
ASP.NET Drawing a chart using OWC11 - Office Web Components
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...omponents.aspx

Yes finally thanks
Old March 1st 17, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check the margins. If the page margin is too small the footer can't be edited. I just had this issue with page and footer margins both set to .5". I changed the page margin to 1" and now I can click the icon to switch to the footer.
Office 2010