Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy to another worksheet

I would like to copy particular cells from nine different worksheets and
paste (value only) to another sheet named Print. All the sheets are within
one workbook.
The contents of the cells I need to copy are activated by check boxes. The
check box cell links are all in column O.
For example, if O10, O15, and O135 are TRUE, I need ranges (D10:H10),
(D15:H15), and (D135:H135) to be copied and then pasted as values only to the
Print worksheet, into cells (A1:E1), (A2:E2), (A3:E3), and so on.
I would like to be able to tick the appropriate check boxes and then perhaps
have a button named export to run the copy/paste macro.
Please note that while the check box cell links are in named ranges, there
are many empty cells between the ranges, so cells containing the word TRUE
in column O would need to be searched for, either from O1 to the bottom, or
perhaps a predefined range like (O1:O300) if thats easier or more efficient.
Only the active worksheet needs to be searched.
Ive looked long and hard for a solution in this discussion group, and Ive
experimented with lots of the answers I found, but I dont have adequate
skill to adapt them to what I need.
I would really appreciate advice on this.
I hope Im not asking too much.

Thank you
Kind regards
Clinton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Clinton,
Get in touch with me via email at (remove spaces)
Help From @ JLatham Site.com
It's obvious that there are more cells to be considered, and I think the
solution will be easier to arrive at by direct communication so you can
provide a complete list of cells involved, worksheet names, etc.

If you can, attach a copy of the workbook to the email, and remind me either
of your requirements or provide a link back to your original post so I can
'remember' what the discussion is about.

Eventually we will need a complete set of rules:
combinations of entries in the O column defined to indicate their status and
when that status is encountered what cells to copy from/to. If you've got
that already written up, so much the better.

"Clinton W" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi.
I don't know if this is what you need you will have to create a button and
assign the macro to it the macro would need to be on each data sheet.

Sub TransferDataToList()
'
' Each item will hold up to 200 entries
' You could have 300 checkboxes ticked
' Set the number to whatever you want
Dim Item1(300)
Dim Item2(300)
Dim Item3(300)
Dim Item4(300)
Dim Item5(300)

' Select the cell at the top of your Check box List
Range("O1").Select

'Get True Cell list Down= offset down

For Down = 0 To 299 ' set to what ever number you require. the number of
Checkboxes ?
If ActiveCell.Offset(Down, 0) = True Then Item1(Down) =
ActiveCell.Offset(Down, -11).Value
If ActiveCell.Offset(Down, 0) = True Then Item2(Down) =
ActiveCell.Offset(Down, -10).Value
If ActiveCell.Offset(Down, 0) = True Then Item3(Down) =
ActiveCell.Offset(Down, -9).Value
If ActiveCell.Offset(Down, 0) = True Then Item4(Down) =
ActiveCell.Offset(Down, -8).Value
If ActiveCell.Offset(Down, 0) = True Then Item5(Down) =
ActiveCell.Offset(Down, -7).Value:
Next Down
'
Sheets("PRINT").Select

'Get the position for the data to be entered into.
Position = Range("F1").Value
' "F1" can be any cell on the PRINT Sheet That will not be printed
' the Cell"F1" will have to contain the formula =COUNTA(A1:A300)
'this counts cells in your print list that are NOT empty

Range("A1").Select ' the first cell on the left in your Print List

For t = 0 To 300

ActiveCell.Offset(Position, 0) = Item1(t)
ActiveCell.Offset(Position, 1) = Item2(t)
ActiveCell.Offset(Position, 2) = Item3(t)
ActiveCell.Offset(Position, 3) = Item4(t)
ActiveCell.Offset(Position, 4) = Item5(t)
Position = Range("F1").Value
Next t

End Sub

Hope this helps.

Regards Keith B

"Clinton W" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your reply, Keith.
For some reason I haven't been able to make this work, but I have found a
different solution to my question. I do appreciate your time and effort.
Regards
Clinton