Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Flashing Cell

Hello Again!

Can we have a cell flashing in , say red, color when it meets certain
criteria.
Say, A1 = be any date and B1 = today(). And, if B1 exceeds A1 then it start
to flash.

e.g. A1 = 7-sep-09 and B1=8-Sep-09, since B1 exceeded A1, it starts to flash.

Please forgive me if I am expecting a lot.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, it can be done, and is described by Chip Pearson he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx

But, read Chip's caveats clearly, and don't do it !!

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 8, 3:01*pm, deepak wrote:
Hello Again!

Can we have a cell flashing in , say red, color when it meets certain
criteria.
Say, A1 = be any date and B1 = today(). And, if B1 exceeds A1 then it start
to flash.

e.g. A1 = 7-sep-09 and B1=8-Sep-09, since B1 exceeded A1, it starts to flash.

Please forgive me if I am expecting a lot.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200902

"deepak" wrote:

Hello Again!

Can we have a cell flashing in , say red, color when it meets certain
criteria.
Say, A1 = be any date and B1 = today(). And, if B1 exceeds A1 then it start
to flash.

e.g. A1 = 7-sep-09 and B1=8-Sep-09, since B1 exceeded A1, it starts to flash.

Please forgive me if I am expecting a lot.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
also see the warning about blinking text.
http://www.section508.gov/IRSCourse/mod02/021401--.html

regards
FSt1

"deepak" wrote:

Hello Again!

Can we have a cell flashing in , say red, color when it meets certain
criteria.
Say, A1 = be any date and B1 = today(). And, if B1 exceeds A1 then it start
to flash.

e.g. A1 = 7-sep-09 and B1=8-Sep-09, since B1 exceeded A1, it starts to flash.

Please forgive me if I am expecting a lot.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Flashing cells are possible using VBA event code only.

Flashing cells are also very annoying and may be illegal in some
jurisdictions due to them possibly inducing Epileptic episodes in sensitive
persons.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP