Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to show 2 months within 3rd birthday

Hi.

In cell A1 I have a date of birth.

In cell B1 I want to display a cell colour of red if todays date is within 2
months of the 3rd birthday.

I'm going to copy this formula down.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CF/ Formula Is:
=AND(DATE(YEAR(A1)+3,MONTH(A1)-2,DAY(A1))<TODAY(),DATE(YEAR(A1)+3,MONTH(A1)+2,DAY (A1))TODAY())
You may want to change < to <= and to =, depending on whether you want
the limits to be inclusive or exclusive.
And you may also wish to change the formula if you only want to cover dates
within 2 months BEFORE the 3rd birthday and to exclude dates AFTER the 3rd
birthday.
--
David Biddulph

"Mally" wrote in message
Hi.

In cell A1 I have a date of birth.

In cell B1 I want to display a cell colour of red if todays date is within
2
months of the 3rd birthday.

I'm going to copy this formula down.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Select the cell/Range Column B (B1 is the active cell)
2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula

=AND(DATE(YEAR(A1)+3,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))<=TODAY(),D ATE(YEAR(A1)+3,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))DATE(YEAR(TODAY( )),MONTH(TODAY())-2,DAY(TODAY())))

4. Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mally" wrote:

Hi.

In cell A1 I have a date of birth.

In cell B1 I want to display a cell colour of red if todays date is within 2
months of the 3rd birthday.

I'm going to copy this formula down.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jacob

I tried your formula but it didn't work. Maybe i was doing something
incorrect. Anyway David's post above worked so thank you for your help.