Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup from Access

In excel I need to enter a number into a1 (serial #), return to a2 the
Corresponding data from access table to a2 [Deal Name] and from access to a3
[form #].

Should i use =vlookup(a1,'access table',?) or what?

If this makes no sense let me know and I will try again. Trying to follow
the rules and make it short and sweet.

ANY help would be very appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

MitzDriver wrote:
In excel I need to enter a number into a1 (serial #), return to a2 the
Corresponding data from access table to a2 [Deal Name] and from access to a3
[form #].

Should i use =vlookup(a1,'access table',?) or what?

If this makes no sense let me know and I will try again. Trying to follow
the rules and make it short and sweet.

ANY help would be very appreciated.

By "access table" do you mean you want to return a result from an Access
database? This can be done; I just want to make sure this is what you
are trying to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was going to write this out myself and then I remembered I bookmarked
Dick Kusleika's fantastic tutorial. He says it much better than I could.

Start here. This will get you through the steps of hooking up an Access
data source for your Excel worksheet:
http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/ExternalData.htm

Then look at this, which is the bit you need to use a field in Excel as
a criterion for your Access query:
http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/Ex...htm#Parameters

Do post back if you get stuck!