Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2 Excell documents on different monitors

I have had a staff member request assistance in trying to view 2 different
Excell documents at once, utilizing 2 monitors. I know how to set up 2
documents on one screen, but not 2. Is this possible? If so, can anybody help
me? Thanks a million
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Set up your 2 monitors, as 1 and 2. Open the two workbooks in Excel, and
then drag the one across to the second monitor

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"aktroll" wrote:

I have had a staff member request assistance in trying to view 2 different
Excell documents at once, utilizing 2 monitors. I know how to set up 2
documents on one screen, but not 2. Is this possible? If so, can anybody help
me? Thanks a million

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, if you have only one monitor, then it is impossible to view on two?
Can you put two PC's next to each other? Then open one workbook on each PC,
but that has no real value. Otherwise, you require a second monitor, which
can be from an unused PC, and a device to split your monitor input from two
monitors to one video jack. This plugs into the back of your PC, where the
monitor normally plugs in. You then plug your monitors into this splitter,
and Bob's your uncle.
After the excercise, you can unplug the second monitor, and just leave the
splitter attached.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"aktroll" wrote:

I have had a staff member request assistance in trying to view 2 different
Excell documents at once, utilizing 2 monitors. I know how to set up 2
documents on one screen, but not 2. Is this possible? If so, can anybody help
me? Thanks a million

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try opening Excel with no workbooks open. If Excel is maximized in one
monitor click the Restore window button (between the minimize button
and the "X" close button in the upper right corner of the window),
resize Excel to cover both monitors, then open the workbooks, click
the Restore button on each to make each a floating window, and then
drag one workbook window into one window and the other workbook into
the other window.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional