Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Collating Duplicate Rows Keeping all values intact and updating Qu

On a daily basis I have to generate several workbooks that end up with
duplicate rows. I need to combine the duplicate part numbers and add the QTYS
keeping everything else intact. Can someone please help me. I have been
manualy updating these for a few days and it take hours as they have up to
250 rows each.

Part# MATERIAL RT# Item QTYS
70M0293 10GA HR 46287 F-WBOOM 2
70M0293 10GA HR 46287 F-WBOOM 2
D6M0104 7GA HR A572 46332 WB BOOM 3
D6M0104 7GA HR A572 46332 WB BOOM 3

--
TimP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Think you can harness the power & ease of a pivot table to do it here ..
Just create a pivot on your source table, place all the col headers (except
QTYS) in the ROW area, one below the other in the exact sequence that they
appear left-to-right in your source, then place QTYS in DATA area (it'll
appear as Sum of QTYS). In the pivot sheet, just doubleclick on each field
that's within the ROW area (in turn) and set "Subtotals" to none for all.
That's it. Just a couple of seconds and you're there.

Any good? hit YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"TimP" wrote:
On a daily basis I have to generate several workbooks that end up with
duplicate rows. I need to combine the duplicate part numbers and add the QTYS
keeping everything else intact. Can someone please help me. I have been
manualy updating these for a few days and it take hours as they have up to
250 rows each.

Part# MATERIAL RT# Item QTYS
70M0293 10GA HR 46287 F-WBOOM 2
70M0293 10GA HR 46287 F-WBOOM 2
D6M0104 7GA HR A572 46332 WB BOOM 3
D6M0104 7GA HR A572 46332 WB BOOM 3

--
TimP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--
TimP

"TimP" wrote:

On a daily basis I have to generate several workbooks that end up with
duplicate rows. I need to combine the duplicate part numbers and add the QTYS
keeping everything else intact. Can someone please help me. I have been
manualy updating these for a few days and it take hours as they have up to
250 rows each.

Part# MATERIAL RT# Item QTYS
70M0293 10GA HR 46287 F-WBOOM 2
70M0293 10GA HR 46287 F-WBOOM 8
D6M0104 7GA HR A572 46332 WB BOOM 3
D6M0104 7GA HR A572 46332 WB BOOM 5

--
TimP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Welcome, glad it did. Do spare a moment to hit the YES button (like the one
below) in that response. Thanks.