Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula bar question

in my "old" excel, (2000) my formula bar was preceeded by an equal
sign (=), which when you hover over it says "Edit Formula".
my "new" excel (2007) formula bar is now preceeded by "fx", which says
"Insert Function".
any way of my getting back "Edit Formula"? i've looked in the options
but haven't found anything.
thanks a lot for any answers!
susan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That would just be new verbiage, but the result is the same. Instead of an =,
you get an Fx. Click on it and you can do the same things you did in 2000, so
at least it won't hurt you any...

"Susan" wrote:

in my "old" excel, (2000) my formula bar was preceeded by an equal
sign (=), which when you hover over it says "Edit Formula".
my "new" excel (2007) formula bar is now preceeded by "fx", which says
"Insert Function".
any way of my getting back "Edit Formula"? i've looked in the options
but haven't found anything.
thanks a lot for any answers!
susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

rats, gone. don't want to enter a function, just want to enter the
"=" automatically. guess i'll have to do it manually. thanks to gord
& sean.
susan

"Susan" wrote:
in my "old" excel, (2000) my formula bar was preceeded by an equal
sign (=), which when you hover over it says "Edit Formula".
my "new" excel (2007) formula bar is now preceeded by "fx", which says
"Insert Function".
any way of my getting back "Edit Formula"? *i've looked in the options
but haven't found anything.
thanks a lot for any answers!
susan- Hide quoted text -