Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DA DA is offline

Default Separating amount in a different column

Hello
How can I separate amount into a separate column? I tried text to column but
it did not work.
Thank you
SPROUTS FARMERS MAR CLAREMONT CA 14.25
STATER BROS #045 UPLAND CA 5.04
ALBERTSONS #6555 UPLAND CA 4.69

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you use a formula in another cell?

=--TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(A1)," ",REPT(" ",99)),99))

=trim() returns a string (not a number). The -- stuff converts that string to a
number.

da wrote:

Last part, which is amount

--