Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I convert addresses to all caps in Office 2007?

For the post office, bulk mail addresses are to be in caps. Date is entered
upper and lower case. For first class mail, we do not want to use all caps.
Can I convert the upper/lower case addresses to all upper case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--Suppose your data is in Sheet1
--In Sheet2 cell A1 enter the formula
=UPPER(Sheet1!A1)
--Copy the formula down and across...and once done CopyPasteSpecialValues
to convert all formula cells to values..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"cmm-retired once" wrote:

For the post office, bulk mail addresses are to be in caps. Date is entered
upper and lower case. For first class mail, we do not want to use all caps.
Can I convert the upper/lower case addresses to all upper case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Without all those messy formulas and clean up after.

Sub Upper()
Dim Cell As Range
Dim rng As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set rng = Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants))
For Each Cell In rng
Cell.Formula = UCase(Cell.Formula)
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True