robnab

Default I have over 100 excel sheets i need put in alphabetic order,how?

Background: I have an index page with hyperlinks to each sheet, each sheet
has a COUNT function to add the entries and a SUM function on the index page
which adds the result of each COUNT function, to do that I used
"SUM(Birmingham:Worcester'!B2)" as each sheet has a geographical name a newly
added sheet may not fall within the specified range and therefore may not be
added. Is there a way to alphabetise these sheets?
Paul B

Rob, have a look here,

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"robnab" wrote in message
Background: I have an index page with hyperlinks to each sheet, each sheet
has a COUNT function to add the entries and a SUM function on the index

page
which adds the result of each COUNT function, to do that I used
"SUM(Birmingham:Worcester'!B2)" as each sheet has a geographical name a

newly
added sheet may not fall within the specified range and therefore may not

be
added. Is there a way to alphabetise these sheets?

Bob Phillips

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

You could also add sheets named say AAAA as the very first sheet and ZZZZ as
the very last sheet, hide them and then sum between those two.

--

HTH

RP