Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Setting up Default Headers/Footers in Excel

The powers that be have decided that all Excel worksheets that might be
shared with others will have a header or footer containing file path, date,
and other readily available info. I know how to add this info to a
header/footer in Excel, but it would be so much easier if my default workbook
already has this info embedded.

Any clue how to make this a default setup?
--
Hic Sont Draconis
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open a new workbook and set your footers/headers and name the book as
book.xlt and save it in your XLStart folder. When you click on the New Icon
on the standard toolbar a new workbook will be opened based on this settings

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Dragon Lady" wrote:

The powers that be have decided that all Excel worksheets that might be
shared with others will have a header or footer containing file path, date,
and other readily available info. I know how to add this info to a
header/footer in Excel, but it would be so much easier if my default workbook
already has this info embedded.

Any clue how to make this a default setup?
--
Hic Sont Draconis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can create a default sheet template (Sheet.xlt) and a default workbook template (Book.xlt) and
store them in your default template folder, and Excel will use them to create new sheets and
workbooks. Any content and formatting (fonts, headers, etc.) are stored with the templates.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP