Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Countdown from Entered Date

I need to write a formula that will countdown from 60 from a date that is
entered by the user. How do I do that?
--
Thanks As Always
Rip
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rip,

Countdown from 60, or countdown to 60 days from a date, or 60 days to a date, or....

Perhaps,

=ABS(TODAY()-A1)

with the date in A1 - the formula will return the number of days until or after the date in A1....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Ripper" wrote in message
I need to write a formula that will countdown from 60 from a date that is
entered by the user. How do I do that?
--
Thanks As Always
Rip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for responding..

Once we create a record by entering a date, we have 60 days to complete the
next task. What I need is a cell that will tell us how many of the origional
60 days we have left to complete step 2.
--
Thanks As Always
Rip

"Ripper" wrote in message
I need to write a formula that will countdown from 60 from a date that is
entered by the user. How do I do that?
--
Thanks As Always
Rip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ripper,

Try

=A1 - TODAY() + 60

though you should check to see if that suits exactly what you want - perhaps 60 or 61 or 59,
depending on your counting conventions.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Ripper" wrote in message
I need to write a formula that will countdown from 60 from a date that is
entered by the user. How do I do that?
--
Thanks As Always
Rip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter date in A1..............October 31, 2009

In A2 enter =A1-TODAY() & " Days to go"

Each day you open the workbook, the number in A2 will be one less.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP