Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Simple Budget Formula Please

Sorry, I'm sure I could do this but at this time of night, I thought I'd stop
trying to figure it out and ask! A simple budget calc for a friend:

C1 = the money owed
C3 = the amount paid back so far (this cell equals B34 which is totalling a
column of monthly figures paid back)

So, for example, £2000 is owed, £100 paid back so far, I need a forumula to
display how many months are left before the original figure is paid back
based on it being paid back at £100 a month but allowing higher figures to be
paid in also.

I'm sure it's simple but can't get my head round it right now :(

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say C4 is your monthly amount

enter in c5 or elsewhere