Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Extend Formula, but not Color

I'm working on calculating the monthy average for a % of time worked by
person by project. I'm able to create the right formula, but when I extend it
to other rows the color is background is changed as well. Because I inserted
a row for the monthly average, I have the correct color in the row and I
don't want to change it or that the value is a % in the cell.

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(P3:S3)),"",(AVERAGE(P3:S3)))

My next step will be to create another worksheet that will contain the
monthy average from sheet 1.

Using Excel 2003
--
Flipper
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Flipper,

Tools Option... Edit tab, un-check "extend data range formats and formulas"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Flipper" wrote in message
I'm working on calculating the monthy average for a % of time worked by
person by project. I'm able to create the right formula, but when I extend it
to other rows the color is background is changed as well. Because I inserted
a row for the monthly average, I have the correct color in the row and I
don't want to change it or that the value is a % in the cell.

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(P3:S3)),"",(AVERAGE(P3:S3)))

My next step will be to create another worksheet that will contain the
monthy average from sheet 1.

Using Excel 2003
--
Flipper

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bernie - I think my problem was I was trying to drag the formula
instead of paste special - only formula

Appreciate your time.
--
Flipper