Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merge and Delete Data

I have a 3 worksheets of customer data that I have extracted from Access. I
need to create a single worksheet that can merge the data in all three
worksheets and delete any duplicate customers. For instance,
Work Sheet 1- Column A (customer number) Column B (project label- Repair)
Work sheet 2- Column A (customer number) Column B (project label- Clean)
Work sheet 3- Column A (customer number) Column B (project label- Diagnose)

Some customers may appear in all three work sheets. I need to create a
worksheet that will only include each customer once, the project label isn't
important at this time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ould be quickest and easiest to actually do that in Access..

But, in Excel, you can combine all account numbers on one worksheet, then
highlight your list, go to DataFilterAdvanced Filter, select copy to new
location and select unique records only, drop into a new column.

"CandiC" wrote:

I have a 3 worksheets of customer data that I have extracted from Access. I
need to create a single worksheet that can merge the data in all three
worksheets and delete any duplicate customers. For instance,
Work Sheet 1- Column A (customer number) Column B (project label- Repair)
Work sheet 2- Column A (customer number) Column B (project label- Clean)
Work sheet 3- Column A (customer number) Column B (project label- Diagnose)

Some customers may appear in all three work sheets. I need to create a
worksheet that will only include each customer once, the project label isn't
important at this time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sure.. I would run 3 queries... Just doing an append of unmatched to the
source table.

And, I am assuming your only output required is customer ID.

First, run a query from, say, Repair table, do Make Table and grab only
Customer ID. Use Sigma button to group by if you have any duplicate customer
id's within this table.

In second query, select your newly created table and say, Clean Table. Link
by Cust ID (of course), with Join of all records from new and only equal
records from Clean.

Query will have both cust id fields in it, don't show the Clean table's cust
ID, and enter Is Null in the criteria. Group if necessary. run as an Append
query.

Do the same in your third query, using new table and Diagnose table.

Hope that made sense?