Bongo62

Default multiple copies of same workbook

When I open certain workbooks, it will open two copies of the one
workbook..:1 & :2. Why is this doing this and how do I get it to stop? I
know that I can simply close one of them but this just started happening and
I would like to know why.
Bernie Deitrick

Bongo,

You have two windows of the same workbook open: that's the :1 and :2 part.
Simply click the lower of the upper right Xs to close the window, then save
the workbook. When you next open it, it will only have one window.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Bongo62" wrote in message
When I open certain workbooks, it will open two copies of the one
workbook..:1 & :2. Why is this doing this and how do I get it to stop? I
know that I can simply close one of them but this just started happening
and
I would like to know why.

Dave Peterson

It's actually two windows into the same workbook.

Select the window you don't want and hit ctrl-w.

Remember to save the workbook the way you like--or you'll be doing this again.

--

Dave Peterson