Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default thecodecage

What has happened to thecodecage forums, I have tried on two computers to
get onto the website but to no avail
aussiegirlone

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Site appears to be down at the moment for me also.

"aussiegirlone" wrote:

What has happened to thecodecage forums, I have tried on two computers to
get onto the website but to no avail
aussiegirlone

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Site Down

I know its late but i only just found this, the site was down due to a DDos attack, unfortunately there's not a lot we can do to prevent that, i have no idea what the attacker gains from it, still everything is running well now :)

Posted as a reply to:

thecodecage
26-Aug-09

Site appears to be down at the moment for me also.

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...l-view-vi.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I haven't a clue what they gain except 'gloat points' and denying useful
sites to those wanting or needing to get to them. I helped moderate a very
large site for about 7 yrs and they suffered through a couple of them. Takes
a massive effort on the part of the site's sys admin to even begin to cope
with it.

It also points out the need for good, strong, current and actually used
security software on personal systems: a DDOS attack can't really be
effective without g'zillions of zombie systems to take part in it. And you
don't build an army of bots from effectively protected systems.