Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formating

Hi!
I use Excel 2007, I need some help:
1-If the value of cell B3 is greater, less or equal to 0, I want to apply a
conditional formatting (changing color of cell, color of border) to C3.
2-If the value of cell B3 is greater, less or equal to 0, I want to apply a
conditional formatting to display words €˜greater, €˜less or €˜equal to D3.
3-If the value of cell B3 is greater, less or equal to 0, I want to apply a
conditional formatting to set only icons to E3, I mean the three icons which
represent €˜greater, €˜less or €˜equal. I want to display only icons without
values in the cell.
Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1 can be done using 3 Formula is: conditions each with a formatted color.

Condition1Formula is: =B30

Condition2Formula is: =B3<0

Condition3Formula is: =B3=0

2 cannot be done using CF............must be in-cell formula.

=IF(B3=0,"equal",IF(B30,"greater","less")) entered in D3

3 I think this can only be done on the selected cell(E3) when E3 contains a
value.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP