Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Minute Formulas

I am trying to set up a spreadsheet for part numbers and how often the parts
are used according to start time and end time of the production line. I also
want the 2 breaks of 10 minutes and 1 lunch of 30 minutes included in the
formula.

Can someone please suggest a simple and effective minute formula?
--
Thank you,
Angie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean..

ColA ColB ColC Col D
Start Time End Time Break Total time
8:00 16:00 0:50 =B2-A2-C2

OR

ColA ColB ColC
Start Time End Time Total time
8:00 16:00 =B2-A2-TIME(0,50,0)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Angie" wrote:

I am trying to set up a spreadsheet for part numbers and how often the parts
are used according to start time and end time of the production line. I also
want the 2 breaks of 10 minutes and 1 lunch of 30 minutes included in the
formula.

Can someone please suggest a simple and effective minute formula?
--
Thank you,
Angie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you are refereing to an old type problem the phone company tried to
solve years ago. the phone company was trying to figure out how many trunk
lines they needed which waws based on the number of simulataneous call were
being made. they need to figure out at 2:00 PM how many calls were
occurring when they only had the start time and the lenght of the calls. The
solution was to make up a graph based on time putting in the 1st column
twominute time periods like this

12:00 AM
12:02 AM
12:04 AM
12:06 AM

then if there call table looked like this
call 1 : 12:00 AM 5 miinutes
call 2 : 12:03 AM 6 minutes
call 3 : 12:01 AM 4 minutes

the table would look like this after call 1 was put into the table

with 1 indicating the number of calls taking place at that particular time
12:00 AM 1
12:02 AM 1
12:04 AM 1
12:06 AM

after call 2
12:00 AM 1
12:02 AM 1
12:04 AM 2
12:06 AM 2

after call 3
12:00 AM 1
12:02 AM 2
12:04 AM 3
12:06 AM 2

You are tracking tools base on start time and end time. You can build a
similar table in 15 minutes or 30 minutes time periods as required. Your
input data is in start and end times which is equivalent to lenth of how long
the tool is needed.