-   -   Stray mark causing extra page to Print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240380-stray-mark-causing-extra-page-print.html)

Riccol

Stray mark causing extra page to Print

I have a one-page sheet I use over and over as an invoice template. It's
formatted to perfectly fit, when printed, a standard 8x11 sheet,
portrait oriented.

Somehow, I have managed to insert a stray "mark" on the sheet somewhere
which is causing it to print two pages instead of one. The first page is
the invoice, the second page is nothing but one stray mark in the
center, just a little line maybe 1/2 inch long.

In print preview, I can see page two and this stray mark in the center
of it, but I can't get rid of it.

I have tried selecting a long wide group of cells under the invoice and
clearing to remove anything that might be in them, and have also tried
using the set print area function, but neither work, it still prints the
second page with the lone stray mark.

I have been using the option to select range of pages to print and only
checking page one, but it's a PITA and half the time I forget to tell it
to only print page one.

How do I find and remove this stray mark that's causing a page two?
Thanks,

YESHWANT

Stray mark causing extra page to Print

Hi Riccol,

go to view - page break view - then go thru page 2 and you will find where
is the stray "mark", then delete the same or resize the print area and u will
be home

click yes below, if it helps

"Riccol" wrote:

[...]

Gord Dibben

Stray mark causing extra page to Print

Try F5SpecialObjectsOK

Does your stray mark get selected?

Can you delete it?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:12:28 -0400, Riccol wrote:

[...]

No objects found, thanks.

Gord Dibben wrote:
Try F5SpecialObjectsOK

Does your stray mark get selected?

Can you delete it?

Riccol

Stray mark causing extra page to Print

Thanks. Looking carefully at #2 in page break view, I found the culprit.
Not sure how I'd explain what was happening, but it's fixed now. Thanks
again.

YESHWANT wrote:
Hi Riccol,

go to view - page break view - then go thru page 2 and you will find where
is the stray "mark", then delete the same or resize the print area and u will
be home

YESHWANT

Stray mark causing extra page to Print

tks for the feedback, Riccol