Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default autofilter fails, not because of blank row

A co-worker asked me to look at his spreadsheet and try to fix his
autofilter. The autofilter would only select down through row 30 while
his data went down to row 70 or something. There was no blank row in
the dataset. I tried removing and reapplying the autofilter, same
problem. Are there other conditions that cause autofilter to not
select the full data range?

John Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd remove the autofilter arrows and then select the entire range to filter and
reapply the autofilter.

If this doesn't help, you may want to share the version of excel you're using.
It may help a potential responder.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 04:35:01 -0700, James
wrote:

Just a thought, could there be a row with blanks hidden after row 30. Try
applying the autofilter on row 70.

I don't remember seeing any hidden rows but I'll look again today.
I'll try the filter at a lower row also. Thanks for the suggestions.

John Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:16:02 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

I'd remove the autofilter arrows and then select the entire range to filter and
reapply the autofilter.

I may have tried that but I'll recheck.

If this doesn't help, you may want to share the version of excel you're using.
It may help a potential responder.

Excel 2007/Vista

Thanls for responding.

John Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:36:55 -0600, John Keith wrote:

A co-worker asked me to look at his spreadsheet and try to fix his
autofilter. The autofilter would only select down through row 30 while
his data went down to row 70 or something. There was no blank row in
the dataset. I tried removing and reapplying the autofilter, same
problem. Are there other conditions that cause autofilter to not
select the full data range?

Here's a new piece of info.

In cell A30, the last cell that the autofilter picks up, there is a
little blue mark in the lower right corner (barely visible). I've
never seen this flag before, it looks a little like a capital "L" but
flipped left to right and the same height as the base.

What is this and how do I deal with it?

John Keith