Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default selective text

Hi i have a text string of 17 characters and I would like to only select the
the first six characters starting on the right hand side eg
MALAC53JJA1234567, i want to display 234567. Hope it can be done ,thanks
--
Eager to learn !
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With your text in cell A1 try the below formula

=RIGHT(A1,7)

to convert to a number
=--RIGHT(A1,7)

If this post helps click Yes