Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom cell format for Scientific Notation

I want to create a cell format for scientific notation as follows 1.0 x 10-7,
preferably with the -7 as a super-script. I can't figure out how to get rid
of the E (or e) that Microsoft wants to use by default in any scientific
notation. Hope someone can help!

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take a look he

http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/Excel...and_Charts.htm

and download the file.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 17, 11:52*pm, jmac wrote:
I want to create a cell format for scientific notation as follows 1.0 x 10-7,
preferably with the -7 as a super-script. I can't figure out how to get rid
of the E (or e) that Microsoft wants to use by default in any scientific
notation. Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pete,

Thanks for the link. While this will do what I want, I was hoping to create
a custom cell format that would do the same thing. I want to enter 5e-4, and
have it displayed 5.0 x 10-4, with the -4 as a super-script. I'd like to
avoid the lengthy formulas if possible.

On Aug 17, 11:52 pm, jmac wrote:
I want to create a cell format for scientific notation as follows 1.0 x 10-7,
preferably with the -7 as a super-script. I can't figure out how to get rid
of the E (or e) that Microsoft wants to use by default in any scientific
notation. Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jaf jaf is offline

Hi,
You can use a helper column for the data entry.

John

On Aug 17, 11:52 pm, jmac wrote:
I want to create a cell format for scientific notation as follows 1.0 x 10-7,
preferably with the -7 as a super-script. I can't figure out how to get rid
of the E (or e) that Microsoft wants to use by default in any scientific
notation. Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007
For numbers with positive exponents only.
Engineering notations and superscripts.
Numbers stay numbers (no conversion to text)
For positive and negative numbers.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/znno2mcwyjw/08_21_09.xlsm