Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste with Blank Rows?

I have the following setup in worksheet 1:
Item Qty
Apples 5
Oranges 2
Bananas 10

I want it to appear in worksheet 2 as:
Item Qty
Apples 5
Strawberries
Oranges 2
Cherries
Lemons
Blueberries
Bananas 10
Peaches
Pears

Is there a way that I can get the values from worksheet 1 to worksheet 2
without have to cut and paste each of the individual values?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like homework; check out -VLookUp-

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=126150

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$11,2,FALSE)
where a1 = item, sheet1 and range of lookup ($, locks the cells), 2 = column
you are wanting results from and false is saying exact match
then copy the formula down

"trishlee" wrote:

I have the following setup in worksheet 1:
Item Qty
Apples 5
Oranges 2
Bananas 10

I want it to appear in worksheet 2 as:
Item Qty
Apples 5
Strawberries
Oranges 2
Cherries
Lemons
Blueberries
Bananas 10
Peaches
Pears

Is there a way that I can get the values from worksheet 1 to worksheet 2
without have to cut and paste each of the individual values?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And if you don't want to see all those #N/A errors use this formula to hide
them.

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$11,2,FALSE)),"" ,VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$11,2,FALSE))

Entered in Sheet2 at B2 and copied down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP