-   -   Aspect ratio of image differs in print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23995-aspect-ratio-image-differs-print.html)

Monika Bjurman

Aspect ratio of image differs in print

I have a protected xlt-document with a company logotype in the position of a
header. I can´t put the image in the real header because I have to use the
space by the image for other things.

My problem is that the aspect of the image changes when I print the
document. Om the computer screen it looks good and the preferences have the
correct value but when I print the document the image gets squared instead of
beeing higher than wide.

The top and bottom margin of the document is 1 cm and the printing setting
is for the document to maintain 100% of its size.

I hope anyone can either help me solve this or at least explain why this is
happening.

Thanks is advance!
//Monika

Dave Peterson

My guess why: Because no one at MS thought that this was important enough to
address.

You could email them your request:

My personal solution would be to decide which is more important--on screen or on
paper. And try to make it look best for that.

A possible (yucky) solution would be to resize that image right before you
print, print, and then put it back. But I would expect that to be a mess. If
you have to support different printers, it could be awful to make sure each
printer's output is pretty.

--

Dave Peterson