Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Geo Geo is offline

Default Highest value between two dates

What formula would I use to find the highest value between two dates.

Date on col A
values on col B
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

Start date in E1
End date in E2
In C1:
=IF(AND(A1$E$1,A1<$E$2),B1,"")
Fill down as far as A and B go
In some cell:
=MAX(C1:C25) (adjust 25 to what your last row is)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Geo" wrote in message
What formula would I use to find the highest value between two dates.

Date on col A
values on col B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 13:43:01 -0700, Geo wrote:

What formula would I use to find the highest value between two dates.

Date on col A
values on col B

This formula must be **array-entered**:

=MAX((Dates=StartDate)*(Dates<=EndDate)*Values)

To **array-enter** a formula, after entering
the formula into the cell or formula bar, hold down
<ctrl<shift while hitting <enter. If you did this
correctly, Excel will place braces {...} around the formula.
--ron