Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count Formula Need Help!

Is there a way to write a count forumla so that you can count the number of
cells, but omit cells with the same information?

For example...I have a list that has page numbers and actions that were done
on those pages.

Can I write a formula that will count the cells that contain the page
numbers, but only count each page number once?

Say I have two cells that have page 6, one that has page 7 and four that
have page 8. They are all in the same column, but I only want to count the
three pages, not the occurrences of the page numbers.

I hope that this is clear.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From XL help file "Count unique values among duplicates"

You can use one of these array** formulas:
(just numbers)
=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(A2:A10,A2:A10)0,1))
(
numbers and text)
=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(LEN(A2:A10)0,MATCH(A2:A10,A2 :A10,0),""),
IF(LEN(A2:A10)0,MATCH(A2:A10,A2:A10,0),""))0,1))

**Use Ctrl+Shift+Enter to confirm formula, not just Enter.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M