Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Borders

I have developed a "cover" page for my Excel file that has hyperlinks to the
various worksheets. The background of the "cover" page is filed with a color.
When I open the file the "cover" page appears, but so does the location on
the cell that where data can be entered with a black border around the cell.
How can I make it so that the bordered on the input cell is not visable?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the sheet and check out menu ToolsOptionsUnder 'Window options'
Gridlines..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Larry L" wrote:

I have developed a "cover" page for my Excel file that has hyperlinks to the
various worksheets. The background of the "cover" page is filed with a color.
When I open the file the "cover" page appears, but so does the location on
the cell that where data can be entered with a black border around the cell.
How can I make it so that the bordered on the input cell is not visable?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The black border indicates that particular cell is the active selected cell.

A worksheet must have a cell selected unless you have the sheet protected
with locked and unlocked cells non-selectable.

That would defeat your click on a hyperlink cell operation.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP