Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Default In Excel, why can't I type the / sign or '. I can in Word

I am not sure what happened. In Word, those keys work perfectly. I could
use those keys a couple of days ago, but for some reason, I can't.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Just press F2 first whenever you want to type: /
as the 1st character in the cell
(don't know why its special for: /, but the above will workaround it)

As for the apostrophe: '
I don't have problem typing it straight off into the cell,
but it won't show on screen (the ' displays only in the formula bar)
--
Max
Singapore
"Ken" wrote:
I am not sure what happened. In Word, those keys work perfectly. I could
use those keys a couple of days ago, but for some reason, I can't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

don't know why its special for: /,

The slash is the default hotkey to active menus.

ToolsOptionsTransition tabMicrosoft Excel menu or Help key

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ken" wrote:
I am not sure what happened. In Word, those keys work perfectly. I
could
use those keys a couple of days ago, but for some reason, I can't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And to show an apostrophe, you have to type it twice, if it is the first
character. This since ' indicates that cell content will be treated as text,
even if it is numbers.

--
HTH

Kassie