Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default data sorting with dates

I have a very long list of phone numbers with dates. I would like to input
the numbers along with their perspective dates into an excel worksheet and be
able to sort them so that numbers that repeat are together along with their
dates. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sort by phone number and then date(if a proper date)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"lainiegrl" wrote in message
I have a very long list of phone numbers with dates. I would like to input
the numbers along with their perspective dates into an excel worksheet and
be
able to sort them so that numbers that repeat are together along with
their
dates. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MFS MFS is offline

Hi lainiegrl,

Try Auto-Filter:

Office 2003: highlight the headers (Phone number/Date), go to Data List,
select Filter, then select Auto-Filter.
Office 2007: highlight the headers (Phone number/Date), go to Data Tap, go
to Sort and Filter Group, then select Filter.

Then an arrow will appear in every cell of the header cells.
Click in the cell you want to sort according to.
Now you can sort, or even specify the data you want to check.
In addition, if you want to sort by phone number then date, sort the phone
number cell first, then the date cell.

I think this would help you.

--
MFS22