Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to use Combo box to lookup and retrieve customers details

Please give me some clue.

I have a sales invoice form on sheet1. All customers details such as
name;surname;etc are in sheet2. Can I use a combo box to retrive customers
details from the other sheet in to the form on sheet1? short of this I have
to type all details for every invoice I need to issue.

Many thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1) Use data Validation to control Sheet1 data entry.

NOTE WELL: Naming ranges makes data validation work between different
sheets.

2) Use Vlookup to return values from Sheet2 based on valued entered in
Sheet1

Steve

"BinaH57" wrote in message
Please give me some clue.

I have a sales invoice form on sheet1. All customers details such as
name;surname;etc are in sheet2. Can I use a combo box to retrive customers
details from the other sheet in to the form on sheet1? short of this I
have
to type all details for every invoice I need to issue.

Many thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks ever so much.

However having done that it seems that I am only bound by the data in the
list. Is there a way I can also entre/type data that is NOT in the defined
list? i.e a new customer whjos details in not already entred.

"BinaH57" wrote in message
Please give me some clue.

I have a sales invoice form on sheet1. All customers details such as
name;surname;etc are in sheet2. Can I use a combo box to retrive customers
details from the other sheet in to the form on sheet1? short of this I
have
to type all details for every invoice I need to issue.

Many thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

a. Remove the DV for that particular cell (most obvious way?), or,
b. Try using dynamic ranges for the DVs to auto-expand the list in the
dropdown for any new items. See Debra's notes at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

--
Max
Singapore
"BinaH57" wrote:
However having done that it seems that I am only bound by the data in the
list. Is there a way I can also enter/type data that is NOT in the defined
list? i.e a new customer whose details are not already entered.