Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default shading rows in excel

How do I shade alternate rows in excel 2000
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use conditional formatting...

Highlight the section you want to have alternating bands.
Select Format - Conditional Formatting...
Add this formula
=mod(row(), 2) = 0
Now select the desired highlighting shade using Format - Patterns
Select Ok
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

How do I shade alternate rows in excel 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cells/rows you want to apply this format to. Goto Format,
conditional format. Select "Formula is" from first box. Input:

=MOD(ROW(),2)

Select desired shading color, and hit 'ok'.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

How do I shade alternate rows in excel 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you won't be filtering the data use the other suggestions.

If you will be filtering use this formula in CFFormula

=MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 11:47:01 -0700, juji
wrote:

How do I shade alternate rows in excel 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

BUT ALL THOSE ANSWERS GIVEN UNDER THIS HEAD COLOURS THE ENTIRE SHEET WITH ONE
COLOUR AND THE OTHER REMAINS WHITE. WHAT SHOULD I DO, IF I WANT TO FORMAT
WITH TWO SEPERATE COLOURS ?? (I TRIED THE SAME WITH ADDITION OF THE
CONDITION IN CONDITIONAL FORMATING AND THE SAME FORMULA, BUT IT DOEN NOT
WORK) WHY ??

wrote:

How do I shade alternate rows in excel 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Condition1 =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 format as red

Condition2 =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=1 format as green

Gord

wrote:

How do I shade alternate rows in excel 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

it seems that i had not been clear to u sir
what is want is
row no. 1 - one colour
row no. 2 - another colour
row no. 3 - one colour (same as row no. 1)
row no. 4 - another colour (same as row no. 2)
............ so on

wrote:

How do I shade alternate rows in excel 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You were perfectly clear.

Select rows 1 to 100 then FormatConditional Formatting

Condition1Formula is =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 one color

Add............

Condition2Formula is =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=1 another color

You will get alternating row colors down to row 100.

one color
another color
one color...........same as row 1
another color...........same as row 2
etc.

Gord

wrote:

How do I shade alternate rows in excel 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi Gord,

i m using windows xp and office 2003. By the given formula, it is applying
first colour only to all rows. what about second colour?? kindly check up
at your end and inform.

wrote:

How do I shade alternate rows in excel 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have kindly checked up at my end and get alternately colored rows.

Office 2003 SP3 and Windows XP SP3

Gord

wrote:

How do I shade alternate rows in excel 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tks Gord .............. it's working now

what error i was doing is i was trying to format a blank sheet without data
in it. On confirmation from u about formula working perfectly, i tried the
same on a sheet and then entered / pasted data on it ........ then it worked

any way, sorry for the trouble and tks for the prompt reply