Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Maintaining groups of data (2003)

I have a database of households involving multiple lines of data (one line
for each member of the household). Obviously, the groups would be varying
sizes depending on the size of household. There is some data that is only
included on the head of household line because it relates to the entire
household. But when I sort by that data, I would like to keep the lines of
household members together. (For example, if I sort by date of admission, I
end up with a bunch of undated lines of data for all the household members,
followed by the heads of household in date of admission order.)

Another challenge is that household members don't all have the same last
name, so even doing a alpha name sort would put the households out of order.

To make it even more fun, I'm working with a pre-developed spreadsheet which
is output from a huge database, to which I've included additional data.

Is there any hope for me?