Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SJ SJ is offline

Default Search and copy

I have two workbooks A & B, A is a workbook that has a sheet for every day
of the month and is saved daily, B is only used each day to print off the
necessary information and is not saved. The data in A is as follows:
A B C D E F

A1 1 1 1
B1 1 1 1
A12 1 1 1
B3
A1 1 1 1 1
C 1 1 1 1 1

I now need to be able to search Column A and pick out any rows where the
data begin with A and then I need them to be able to copy these rows into
workbook B for printing off. I was going to set up a macro for the printing
and saving and searching, however I am struggling with a formula to search
and copy the data in the rows. Any help would be much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe you would need to use vba to achieve what you want, do you
want to copy all rows from all sheets that have Ax in column A (where x
is anything else) when running the code?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=123007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SJ SJ is offline

No, the each sheet in workbook a refers to a day and I only need to link to B
for that day, A will then be saved and I will set the code to print off B and
close without saving, it's the search and copying of the cell data to B that
I am having problems as I am unsure what code to write.