Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Office 2007 "go to special" shortcut function

Recently we have upgraded to Office 2007. I have data that I import into
Excel from another program. This program imports with some blank cells in
which I would always do a ctrl+shift+8 (to select the data area) and then go
to edit - go to- special - blanks and hit ok. This would then highlight all
my blank cells. I would then hit the down arrow and enter and it would fill
all of my blank cells with the data below. The problem I am having in Office
2007 is that after I use the go to special and select blanks, it selects all
of my blank cells, but as soon as I hit the down arrow, the selection goes
away. Can anyone assist ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Position in the first blank cell, hit CTRL G, special, Blank cells, then
press the up arrow on the keyboard, Hold the CTRL key and press Enter

"Michele" wrote:

Recently we have upgraded to Office 2007. I have data that I import into
Excel from another program. This program imports with some blank cells in
which I would always do a ctrl+shift+8 (to select the data area) and then go
to edit - go to- special - blanks and hit ok. This would then highlight all
my blank cells. I would then hit the down arrow and enter and it would fill
all of my blank cells with the data below. The problem I am having in Office
2007 is that after I use the go to special and select blanks, it selects all
of my blank cells, but as soon as I hit the down arrow, the selection goes
away. Can anyone assist ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That is what I have been trying, but as soon as I hit the arrow key, my cell
selections go away as if I am aborting the action. So, when I press CTRL
enter nothing happens.

"Michele" wrote:

Recently we have upgraded to Office 2007. I have data that I import into
Excel from another program. This program imports with some blank cells in
which I would always do a ctrl+shift+8 (to select the data area) and then go
to edit - go to- special - blanks and hit ok. This would then highlight all
my blank cells. I would then hit the down arrow and enter and it would fill
all of my blank cells with the data below. The problem I am having in Office
2007 is that after I use the go to special and select blanks, it selects all
of my blank cells, but as soon as I hit the down arrow, the selection goes
away. Can anyone assist ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Michele,
sorry I forgot something,
once you selected the blank cells and click OK, tipe an = signal and then
hit the arrow