Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SumIF or CountIF

I have two columns in Excel 2007 as follows:

Win/Lose/Draw League or Cup
Lose Cup
Win League
Draw Cup
Win League

I want to be able to count in two seperate cells the Total played for Cup &
League matches as follows:

League Matches Cup Matches
Played 2 Played
Wins 2 Wins 0
losses 0 losses 1
Draws 0 Draws 1
Points 6

All help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
I assume you have
League Matches
Played cell D1
Wins cell D2
losses Cell D3
Draw Cell D4

in cell E1 enter

=sumproduct(--("League"=$B$2:$B$100))
in cell E2 enter

=sumproduct(--(D2=$B$2:$B$100))

copy this formula down

Do the same for cup

"John" wrote:

I have two columns in Excel 2007 as follows:

Win/Lose/Draw League or Cup
Lose Cup
Win League
Draw Cup
Win League

I want to be able to count in two seperate cells the Total played for Cup &
League matches as follows:

League Matches Cup Matches
Played 2 Played
Wins 2 Wins 0
losses 0 losses 1
Draws 0 Draws 1
Points 6

All help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Eduardo,

That has sorted my problem, many thanks for your help.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
I assume you have
League Matches
Played cell D1
Wins cell D2
losses Cell D3
Draw Cell D4

in cell E1 enter

=sumproduct(--("League"=$B$2:$B$100))
in cell E2 enter

=sumproduct(--(D2=$B$2:$B$100))

copy this formula down

Do the same for cup

"John" wrote:

I have two columns in Excel 2007 as follows:

Win/Lose/Draw League or Cup
Lose Cup
Win League
Draw Cup
Win League

I want to be able to count in two seperate cells the Total played for Cup &
League matches as follows:

League Matches Cup Matches
Played 2 Played
Wins 2 Wins 0
losses 0 losses 1
Draws 0 Draws 1
Points 6

All help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

Select a range of 4 rows (or more) and 3 columns and array-enter:
=Pfreq(B2:B99,A2:A99)

Pfreq you can get he
http://sulprobil.com/html/pfreq.html

Regards,
Bernd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

your welcome, thank you for the feedback, have a great day

"John" wrote:

Eduardo,

That has sorted my problem, many thanks for your help.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
I assume you have
League Matches