Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2 questions on charts

I have the following data (although it goes through Dec):

Jan. Feb Mar Apr May
High 2,383 1,886 1,692 1,945 2,310
Low 1,751 1,156 1,058 1,252 1,624

I created a line graph, but want to shade between those points. The
suggestions I've seen on here seem not to work when the headers are dates.
It's like they need to be numbers too. What am I missing there?

I have slightly different data for another graph. I have the final data for
Jan - April, but the rest of the year is not final, it's estimated. How can
change the color of the line or markers for May - Dec to show it's not final.
It would be very similar to the data above.

I'm running Excel 2007.