Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Navigating worksheet tabs

Is it possible to search a workbook for a specific tab? I have a sheet with
many tabs and scrolling right-left to find the tab I need is not very
efficient. I've tried using the Find (CTRL-F) function, changing the
"Within" combo to 'Workbook" yet still don't get a hit. I've also tried
CTRL-PageUp/PageDn but this isn't helpful either.

Is there any way to search for a tab?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Towards the left of the 1st Sheet Tab; you can see the navigation buttons
(first,next,previous,last). Right click on one of those buttons and you can
see a pop up list of all the tab names...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Harry" wrote:

Is it possible to search a workbook for a specific tab? I have a sheet with
many tabs and scrolling right-left to find the tab I need is not very
efficient. I've tried using the Find (CTRL-F) function, changing the
"Within" combo to 'Workbook" yet still don't get a hit. I've also tried
CTRL-PageUp/PageDn but this isn't helpful either.

Is there any way to search for a tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Two ideas:
You can right click on the "Go to beginning/end" sheet scroll buttons, and
select from their, or select "More sheets" to get a complete list.

Or, select a unused cell in each sheet (will be easier to select all sheets
using Shift) and input this formula:
=CELL("filename",A1)

Do NOT replace "filename" with the name of your workbook, its part of the
formula. This formula will return the full filepath of your workbook, AND the
sheet name. Note that you could use the RIGHT function if deisred to trim.
The main thing is, you can now search for a sheet name using Ctrl+F, and it
will find these cells.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Harry" wrote:

Is it possible to search a workbook for a specific tab? I have a sheet with
many tabs and scrolling right-left to find the tab I need is not very
efficient. I've tried using the Find (CTRL-F) function, changing the
"Within" combo to 'Workbook" yet still don't get a hit. I've also tried
CTRL-PageUp/PageDn but this isn't helpful either.

Is there any way to search for a tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Aug 4, 6:48*am, Harry wrote:
Is it possible to search a workbook for a specific tab? *I have a sheet with
many tabs and scrolling right-left to find the tab I need is not very
efficient. *I've tried using the Find (CTRL-F) function, changing the
"Within" combo to 'Workbook" yet still don't get a hit. *I've also tried
CTRL-PageUp/PageDn but this isn't helpful either.

Is there any way to search for a tab?

Check this out:
http://www.atlaspm.com/faqwbsheetselectcbo.html#86
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could use David McRitchie's Build Table of Contents to get the list
and the hyperlinks all at once:

Another option if you want a more generic solution:
http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html
(From Debra Dalgleish's site.)

It builds a toolbar that you can use with any workbook to navigate to any
worksheet. There's a link on that site for an xl2007 version for the ribbon
(from Ron de Bruin).

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

Harry wrote:

Is it possible to search a workbook for a specific tab? I have a sheet with
many tabs and scrolling right-left to find the tab I need is not very
efficient. I've tried using the Find (CTRL-F) function, changing the
"Within" combo to 'Workbook" yet still don't get a hit. I've also tried
CTRL-PageUp/PageDn but this isn't helpful either.

Is there any way to search for a tab?

--

Dave Peterson