Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Operating baseline before disrtibutions

I'm trying to make a formula to enter into a forecasted expenses
workbook that will add "monthly net(q47)" to "ending monthly cash(q49)"
if the "ending monthly cash(q49)" is less than $30000, and if greater
than $30000 make a distribution. I currently have investor A
distribution line set up as follows
=IF(Q470,Q47*0.84,0)

In other words if q47-monthly net is greater than $0, then 84% gets
distributed to investor A. If q47-monthly net is $0 or less, then
nothing gets distributed to investor A.

Currently ending monthly cash is set up as follows
=Q25+Q47-Q53-Q71
Q25 is beginning monthly cash, q47 is monthly net, q53 is investor A
distribution, and q71 is investor B distribution.

I want to add a condition that will account for keeping a minimum
monthly reserve, and if this minimum reserve is met, then the current
distribution takes effect, otherwise monthly net gets added to ending
monthly cash.

There is no way anyone will understand this, but just in case some has
the same type of dyslexia that I have, I wanted to ask for ya'lls help.

--
txgold
txgold's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=619

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean something like this?:

=Min(5000,Q25+Q47-Q53-Q71)

this will always show a minimum of 5000 unless the result of
Q25+Q47-Q53-Q71 is greater than 5000.

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.

NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=122197