Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can we produce an invoice from an Excel spreadsheet?

We are looking for a way to produce invoices from an Excell spreadsheet (or
works database).

The invoices need to contain multiple coloumns of information and costs and
there may be 50 0r more items. This is a service company.

The raw information would need to be filtered to seperate out different
clients, and once filtered, it would need to be actioned to teke into account
VAT and service charges.

Any ideas, or are we barking up the wrong tree?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your question is simply "can this be done", the answer is an unqualified
yes. I don't know that there are any ready made invoices available to
exactly fill your needs, but you can do a search online for some phrase like
"Excel invoice template" and look he
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...172551033.aspx
to see what is available through Microsoft.

I do my own invoicing in Excel (naturally) and mine do split by client and
even by assigned task identifier. The company I work for does close to $20M
annually and we invoice completely through Excel workbooks that have been
'automated' to pull information from several sources and provide
client-unique information on them.

Your unique needs may require that you work with an experienced Excel
developer to get exactly what you want. Feel free to contact me via email if
you want more information at HelpFrom[at]JLathamSite[dot]com.

"saxon1" wrote:

We are looking for a way to produce invoices from an Excell spreadsheet (or
works database).

The invoices need to contain multiple coloumns of information and costs and
there may be 50 0r more items. This is a service company.

The raw information would need to be filtered to seperate out different
clients, and once filtered, it would need to be actioned to teke into account
VAT and service charges.

Any ideas, or are we barking up the wrong tree?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi saxon1,

Why do not you try the Excel Invoice Template available at:

'SpreadsheetZONE - Free Excel Template Repository'
(http://www.spreadsheetzone.com/templateview.aspx?i=223)

It looks adjustable to your need and is free as well.

Suzzy

--
suzzy
suzzy's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=435