Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default event warning

I'm looking for a way to track upcoming events and have themwarn when they
get within 3 days of the event, maybe change color or something. Or would
this be done in another office program?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
excel will do that. read up on conditional formating.
to change color with 3 days waring will look something llike this...
cell value is......less than or equal to........=now()+3

regards
FSt1

"Andrew" wrote:

I'm looking for a way to track upcoming events and have themwarn when they
get within 3 days of the event, maybe change color or something. Or would
this be done in another office program?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Outlook has a very good calendar that enables reminders by date and time.
However, if you need to see them laid out in a spreadsheet, try a Gantt
Chart using conditional formatting. The planning chart on the following
website should give you all you need to do this.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...downloadcharts

Use VBA to update your date (E3 in the example) when the WB opens and you
immediately get a chart of what tasks are due and when .

--
Steve