Luke

Default adding digits to front/end of fax numbers

how do i add "1" before each fax number and ",,7741" at the end of each one?
we have to dial one to dial long distance and we have a code to use the long
distance in our office. please help quickly. Thanks
Biff

Hi!

Fax number in A1:

=1&A1&",,7741"

If you want a space after the 1:

=1&" "&a1&",,7741"

Biff

"Luke" wrote in message
how do i add "1" before each fax number and ",,7741" at the end of each
one?
we have to dial one to dial long distance and we have a code to use the
long
distance in our office. please help quickly. Thanks

ww

In a blank column try
=1&A1&7741
Copy down. Copy whole new column. Paste special Values over old numbers.
Is that what you're trying to do?