Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can anyone tell me the meaning of 'xlsx'?

I received an email withan attachment Friday Golf.xlsx. I cannot open it.
Can anyone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

excel 2007 file. here are the new file extensions.

Excel
XML file type Extension
Workbook .xlsx
Macro-enabled workbook .xlsm
Template .xltx
Macro-enabled template .xltm
Non-XML binary workbook .xlsb
Macro-enabled add-in .xlam

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Wayne" wrote in message
I received an email withan attachment Friday Golf.xlsx. I cannot open it.
Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tell whoever sent it to you to open the document and use Save As to save it
again. At the bottom of the Save As dialog box, in Save As Type, choose Word
97-2003 and then click save. You will be able to open that one.

Word is backwards compatible so if you get a new version of Word you can
open old files. But, someone with an old version of Word cannot open files
created in the new version. Word 2007 uses .docx as the file extension
instead of the previous .doc.