Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Like a note but it's not-What is it?

Hi,

I have cell that does not have a note in it but has something
that looks like a note pop up. It says (mm/dd/yy, Initials).
There is absolutely no code associated with the workbook.
It is almost like a input mask not or something.
I need to be able to change the "note" to (dd/mm/yy, Initials).

I would greatly appreciate any help.
--
Thanks!
Gary S
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 31, 1:45*pm, Gary S wrote:
Hi,

I have cell that does not have a note in it but has something
that looks like a note pop up. *It says (mm/dd/yy, Initials). *
There is absolutely no code associated with the workbook.
It is almost like a input mask not or something. *
I need to be able to change the "note" to (dd/mm/yy, Initials). *

I would greatly appreciate any help.
--
Thanks!
Gary S

Look at Data, validation, it sounds like someone has defined an input
mask and a comment there
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Check Data validation, sounds like the Input message.

Cheers
Andy

Gary S wrote:
Hi,

I have cell that does not have a note in it but has something
that looks like a note pop up. It says (mm/dd/yy, Initials).
There is absolutely no code associated with the workbook.
It is almost like a input mask not or something.
I need to be able to change the "note" to (dd/mm/yy, Initials).

I would greatly appreciate any help.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

does it have a triangle in the upper right corner of the cell? if so, it's
comment. right click on the cell and delete it.

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003