-   -   insertnamedefine (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238522-insert-name-define.html)

robin

insertnamedefine

I go to the top of my excel page and can find insert; however, I cannot find
namedefine. Where do I need to look. I have 2007 version.

Sincerely,

Robin

Dave Peterson

insertnamedefine

Try
Format tab|defined names group

ctrl-f3
is still the shortcut for this, too.

--

Dave Peterson

robin

insertnamedefine

Robin wrote:

I go to the top of my excel page and can find insert; however, I cannot find
namedefine. Where do I need to look. I have 2007 version.

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

robin

insertnamedefine

Where is the format tab is it at the top of the screen. I truly am
appreciative of your help.

Robin

Robin wrote:

I go to the top of my excel page and can find insert; however, I cannot find
namedefine. Where do I need to look. I have 2007 version.

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

robin

insertnamedefine

Dave is there a way a dynamic list can be made of multiple columes. Also I am
unsure as to how to type the data.

Robin wrote:

I go to the top of my excel page and can find insert; however, I cannot find
namedefine. Where do I need to look. I have 2007 version.

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

insertnamedefine

It's the formula tab (sorry about the typo).

(I actually verified first and then just typed the wrong thing!)

Robin wrote:

I go to the top of my excel page and can find insert; however, I cannot find
namedefine. Where do I need to look. I have 2007 version.

Sincerely,

Robin

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

insertnamedefine

Debra Dalgleish has some notes here that may help:
http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

The instructions are written for xl2003 and below, but once you see that dialog
box (Define Name), it's the same procedure.