Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help please to get times of date into a graph

I stuck on a graphing problem. Can anyone help.

I have a list of the times of day when I make phone calls. For example

13:31
14:02
14:21
15:04
15:12
15:19
15:23
15:47
16:04
16:44

I want them in a graph to see at what time of day I usually make calls.

FIRST, can Excel group that data into 30 minute intervals and then give a
count of the number of entries?

For example, betweem 15:00 and 15:30 there were 4 calls.

SECOND, could Excel show a chart of the data? Perhaps a bar chart or some
circle chart.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

The answer to both questions is yes. There are various solutions, but if I
was doing it, I'd do the following:

1. Create a list of the times you want graphed (eg, half-hour intervals form
08:00 to 17:00)
2. Count the number of calls for each interval, using either Sumproduct or a
Pivot Table.
3. Graph the results.

Regards,
Fred

"sandra r" wrote in message
I stuck on a graphing problem. Can anyone help.

I have a list of the times of day when I make phone calls. For example

13:31
14:02
14:21
15:04
15:12
15:19
15:23
15:47
16:04
16:44

I want them in a graph to see at what time of day I usually make calls.

FIRST, can Excel group that data into 30 minute intervals and then give a
count of the number of entries?

For example, betweem 15:00 and 15:30 there were 4 calls.

SECOND, could Excel show a chart of the data? Perhaps a bar chart or some
circle chart.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart
Group by half hour.