Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default File size too big

I have a workbook that I update every week, containing formulas and
conditional formatting across 11 sheets.

Once updated, I copy 10 of the 11 worksheets to a new book.

I then copy/paste special to remove all formulas, before saving the new
workbook and emailing it out.

The filesize of the new workbook is normally around 134Kb, but I've repeated
the process this week, and I'm getting a filesize of 12Mb.

I've removed all un-needed rows/columns, I've removed the conditional
formatting, I've checked that all formulas have been removed, I've checked
that there aren't any links anywhere, I've saved the file as a webpage and
resaved it as an xls (as per another similar post on this site).

I'm not sure what else I can do but the file size is still so big. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Once a workbook gets large you can't simply delete the data to reduce the
size. If you delete all the rows and columns that will sometimes work.

The easier method is to select all the worksheets. Click on first worksheet
to select. Then go to last worksheet using arrows. Hold down the shift key
and select last worksheet. All worksheet will now be selected.

Now right click one of the selected tabs and click on move/copy. In the pop
up select the copy box and in the pulldown select new book and press OK. I
new workbook will be created. Now save the new workbook and check the size
of the new book.